Friday, July 13, 2018

My Commodore 64 chip testing board

I got a dead C64 off eBay cheap, I mean really cheap. the seller said it was dead and the repair technician said it was not worth fixing. I took a chance and bought it thinking I could salvage some chips. When I got it and looked at it in the magnifying glass I saw something that was interesting, the fuse clips where bent out and not making contact. I thought, nah, that can't be it.. Yep, that was it, the board fired up although needing more repair. after some chips checking the PLA was bad, I replaced it and bam. Working c64. The seller packaged this c64 terribly and the case was broken the keyboard is missing keys ( I did know that though before buying)

So now I have this working C64 board with no case and no keyboard, so I decided to make it a chip testing board. I socketed all the chips to repair other C64's, I can test the chips and look for the band ones.

Here is the pic. if you want one, let me know. I can make them, but they are not cheap, I takes me hours to desolder all of the chips and replace them with sockets.

$200 if you send me your board
$300 with no chips. One in stock
$400 with all chips and working. One in stock




No comments:

Post a Comment